Sep 15, 2017
In this episode, I talk to Ray Miller, creator of Metal Curse zine, the record label Cursed Productions, and bassist and vocalist of the band Adversary.
We discuss: How we first met 32 years ago, going from Metallica to Death Metal, finding new music in the analog days, how Ray started Metal Curse zine in 1990, Richard C and Wild Rags, John Woods and Rock out Censorship, the 1993 Milwaukee Metalfest, seeing Ice T's dick, falling asleep while driving on the toll road, how Ray started the Cursed Productions record label, Ed Finkler and Open Sourcing Mental Illness, and making music in the computer age.
Links from this episode:
- Metal Curse zine: http://www.metalcurse.com
- Cursed Productions: http://www.cursedproductions.com
- Paragraph Line: http://www.paragraphline.com
- Jon Konrath: http://www.rumored.com
- Xenocide zine: http://rumored.com/xenocide/
- Rock Out Censorship: http://www.theroc.org
- Dave Marsh on John Woods: https://web.archive.org/web/20110614224956/http://www.starpolish.com/features/print.asp?ID=440
- Ed Finkler: https://osmihelp.org
(Minor correction: the first Poison album wasn't on Combat Records. The LP was on Enigma, who released bands like Death Angel, Slayer, Voivod, and so on, but the tape was released on Capitol. So, Mandala Effect, brown acid, not sure what happened here.)