Sep 1, 2017
In this episode, I talk to author John Sheppard about planes, trains, and automobiles - no, not the movie, but actual forms of travel.
We discuss: Taking Amtrak across the country; Denver's weed money revitalization; the painted deserts of Nevada; the subways of NYC, DC, and LA; flying space-available on the C-5 galaxy; skydiving in Vegas; flying gliders and small planes; filming locations of the show Lost; the agonies of the Florida to midwest family drive; Coastal Florida versus Cracker Florida; and Jon's East to West vs West to East roadtrips.
Links from this episode:
- Paragraph Line: www.paragraphline.com
- Jon Konrath: www.rumored.com
- John Sheppard: www.johnlsheppard.com
- John's Amtrak trip photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/midamericabymini/sets/72157683545951874
- Sons of the Pioneers - Ghost Riders in the Sky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMqKv7BOg_s
- Jon's acrobatic plane lesson in Vegas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EY9MAAsHTY
- The Idaho silver mine disaster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Mine_(Idaho)
- The Project GNOME nuclear test site: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/16910